What's new

First time: "studio" - "model" - "studio lights" (part 1)

LaFoto

Just Corinna in real life
Staff member
Supporting Member 📸
Joined
Feb 1, 2004
Messages
34,812
Reaction score
822
Location
Lower Saxony, Germany
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
And yes, while I did some model shooting, the General Gallery (so I think) is the place for it.
Neither is it People and Pets, nor Portraits and Weddings, though Portraits it is I tried to work on.

My model was very willing, very friendly, never complaining about anything, and quite pretty. Only problem was: she'd never change neither her expression nor her position ... other than turn around when I told her to.

But she let me test my lights.

"Studio" ... an old black skirt and a desk
"Model" - look for yourselves. "Liesel" ...
"Studio lights": two halogen desk lights (sometimes a third halogen light from higher above), a styrofoam board as reflector.

Whole body shots:

1.
Gnseliesel_01.jpg


2.
Gnseliesel_02.jpg


3.
Gnseliesel_03.jpg


4.
Gnseliesel_04.jpg
 
Those are very nice. It's a good way to practice lighting techniques. If you ever decide to buy strobes, you'll have some great ideas on where to place your lights to create the effects you want.
 
This is a great way to practice. You did good with the light placement as well.

Next time, try putting a sheet in front of your lights. It will help distribute the light more evenly, and also help to eliminate any bright 'hot spots'.
 
  • Thread Starter 🔹
  • Moderator 🛠️
  • #4
In Part 3, where I am showing the close-ups, all of the last were taken with paper hankies in front of the lights ... but Liesel's make-up (i.e. her being made of ... well, yeah, let's face it: WOOD :roll: ) always gave me hot spots............
 
The studio lights new?... If so I'm excited for you... if not well... Great shots... your model was a great one. Maybe you should talk to her a little more kind next time (cause I know how mean you can get ;) J/K).
 
  • Thread Starter 🔹
  • Moderator 🛠️
  • #7
The "studio lights", as I am explaining in my first post, are two little, yes quite new and also very cheap, halogen desk lamps. The "studio" was my desk and an old black skirt. And "Liesel", the model, measures an enormous 9 inches ;).
Do you think she looks this bashful because I SHOUTED at her?
Bah!
Nooooooo!
Not me!
I wouldn't, ever!

She's standing by my side (again - cause I wanted to measure her), watching my fingers as I type, and if she weren't made from wood (cough-cough), she'd nod in agreement over my saying that I did NOT shout with her! Oh yeah! :biggrin:
 
very nice I like the warm lighting :)
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom