First time to do Macro shots. Please CC.

WilfordSy

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hi guys! This is the first time I'm trying some Macro shots. Just bought a Fotodiox Macro Extension Tube for which I think is super cheap at only $12! So basically, I just wanted to play around. Went out to our backyard today and got these shots. Honestly, I'm surprised at my results! I'm loving this tube!

Anyway, wanted to get the opinions of the pros. CC would be very much appreciated. Thanks! :mrgreen:

XJ8Qd.jpg

Photo #1: ISO 200, 1/160sec - Did not Crop. Colors enhanced with Photoshop

gERxn.jpg

Photo #2: ISO 200, 1/100sec - Did not crop. Colors enhanced with Photoshop

NYODe.jpg

Photo #3: ISO 200, 1/100sec - Cropped and enhanced with Photoshop

Macro is beautiful. I liked those colors ... Regards, Ayman

I really like the first two - great images for your first try. The third one...it took me a minute to figure out what it was and even though it is cropped, it still seems to be a bit "cluttered". I look forward to seeing your second try. Keep up the good work.

Cheers,

WesternGuy

Looks good. Great shots of the bee. So what lens was this with?

Thanks for the comments guys!

@pen - Believe it or not, I just used a regular Canon 18-55mm Kit Lens for these shots! Of course, adding the Fotodiox Macro Extension tube but yeah! I was pretty impressed at the results!

Very cheap alternative to a Macro Lens!

Thanks again for the C&C guys. I'll see what I can do on my next try :D

#1 Wow, great shot!
#2 Liked the first one better imo
#3 Like the composition, feels cluttered to me.

I may end up buying that extension tube anyways! (;

Like the 1st shot.

Can't believe that extension tube works, I might have to look into that.

Number 1,2 are very good again you see it's not all about what you have but how you use it!
Number 3 is a bit chaotic difficult to focus my attention.

Thanks again guys! I guess the 3rd photo is just trying too much. I wanted to put an artistic composition with the cobwebs and droplets of water in the forground but the spider is inside a curled leaf so there's a whole bunch of extra stuffs in the foreground. I'll try better next time.

Yup! Extension tubes does work! I'm impressed. The only downside is theres no. Electronic contact of your lens to the body so theres no Auto-Focus and you can't see or control your F-stop. The hack is to use your lens and set your aperture then without turning off your camera, remove the lens and attached your extension tube.

Takes some getting used to but for $12 for the extension tube? I'm more than pleased :D

Most reactions

New Topics

Back