At first I thought: "Hang on, this IS NO maco-photo!", but then I scrolled and sure enough, there is one.
So posting the photos went well, they show, I can see them ... and I think those contrasts between black fence and rusty chain could be brought out even MORE. Particularly as it were the CONTRASTS you liked so, and this photo is lacking a little in those with regards to the technique. I take it you are posting a SOOC-photo (straight out of camera), no post processing applied? But the first asks for some pp. I can hear it!
As you can see, maco (more so with filters, I guess) gives you a very shallow DOF (depth of field) only, which I find a tad distracting here. The effect is almost like a lensbaby effect (a lensbaby is a special lens ... that I can't describe just now). I usually find it a bit strenuous on my eyes, but they are only mine. Others might like this a lot.