First Time With A 35mm SLR - 56K Beware - 6 Pics

laudrup

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
If you read my previous post you'll have noticed that i've swapped from digital to film. I'm still getting used to the setting and here are the first few i took at a local park.

Let me know what you think, I know they aren't great but i'd like tips on exposure etc if poss

Any comments appreciated

Cheers

Laudrup

no 1 - this shot was of the hall taken across a pond covered in blossom, the light seemed good but it fooled the meter and i may have underexposed. I tried to correct this in photoshop. The trees seemed to frame the view

no 2 - walked past these duck pond and tried to catch these two

no 3 - this was my first attempt at doctoring a shot to remove distracting or unwanted elements. There was a carrier bag on the steps and one on the tree's and a fair amount of litter on the lawn. Naturally i didn't notice at the time but you learn by these things and i felt it needed touching up

no 4 - My friends dad's dog tucking into what looks like ribs! I tried to get a shallow depth of field with a large aperture but not sure if I got it right. The dog's nose also looks a bit too light and lacks detail

no 5 - I liked the shape of this tree it was pretty interesting but perhaps too busy?

no 6 - this view was my very first shot, i'd been borrowing a pentax me super, put my first film in and took some shot and then had to hand it back, hence the new cam. This was shot high up a couple of weeks ago.

Most reactions

Back