First time with photo edits.. please c&c

neosdaddy

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Again, just starting in photography and this is my first time using any type of program to edit my photos. I just want to get opinions to see what your opinions are.. thanks.

1: Edit
ape2.jpg

1:Orig
200.jpg

2:Orig
DSC00755.jpg

2:Edit
Shroom.jpg

3:Edit
newblue.jpg

3:Orig
DSC00653.jpg

4:Edit
newflower.jpg

4:Orig
18.jpg

5:Edit
flower1-1.jpg

5:Orig
DSC00714.jpg

Last edited:
I presume the first image is the original followed by the edited version?

Well they got a bit jumbled up, the orig. are the "dull" photos. They where taken before I started to understand how to change the look of the photo on the camera compaired to using photoshop and such.

I definitely prefer the brighter colours.

You might want to label everything, and it would also help if you numbered your images so people can reference them in their responses :)

Wow, the edited pics look great:thumbup:! How did you edit them?? What did you use?? I have photoshop CS2 and I would love to do that to my photos, but I have no idea how to use photoshop.

The program is call "Adobe PhotoDeluxe Home Edition". I'm still trying to figure CS2 out myself..lol This program came with an old point and shoot camera I had but it's super easy to use and does a decent job. Just starting out I figure it will do me good for awhile..lol

Jeez, if this is your first time editing photos, you're going to be a-ok. Nice freakin' job. That blue flower is AMAZING, too... and flower pictures bore me to tears. (granted the bud thing is kinda ugly, but the flower itself is stunning)

Wow. Nice job.

Thanks! Part of me really dislikes the bud but I like the bit of color.. That and I dont know how to remove it yet..lol

Easy: Scissors. ;)

It would be really rough to do that in PP.

It is understandable, but you are missing a principal component of editing. Sure you need to be able to use the program, but you need to also be able to look carefully at the original and determine what if anything needs to be done and then after you have edited, the question should be: "Have I improved the image?"

In many of the above, the answer unfortunately is No. In the orangotang the area around the eyes needed to be selectively brightened. Instead you seemed to have gone a little heavy with the saturation and contrast making the area around the eyes even darker. The mushroom edit shows clearly that your focus was slightly off and that is not what you wanted to show. With the blue flower you should have worked on the background distractions perhaps using one of several blurring options. With the white flower you changed the colour and washed out some of the detail and that is definitely not a positive change. With the daisy you should have first taken the stain off the front petal and then worked on the background.

To put this all in perspective, you are still a beginner in this area and it is good that you are experimenting and looking for feedback. I have been doing this for a very long time.

skieur

skieur,

Thanks for the feedback! I figure once I learn the program a bit more I'll be able to make the changes that you suggest. :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back