What's new

First Trial of Black &White with spot color .

Lenny2774

TPF Noob!
Joined
Dec 2, 2012
Messages
5
Reaction score
0
$image-1298018308.webp
 
Welcome to TPF.

I don't feel the selective color is working in this photo, but that's OK - I haven't seen but a few that work. There are a few spots of color background slipping through the bushes, and the water is tilted a bit to the right.
 
Does not work in this example for several reasons.

You have parts of the plants sticking out that were not given color.

The color that you included is way to over saturated.

But most importantly and this is the problem with most of selective color photos that I see people do. The subject does not need it. What about these bushes needs you to bring extra attention to them by making them the only color things in the image.
 
As mentioned... not working! Most selective color is a mistake.... very few actually work. This is a bit overdone...
 
I think selective coloring should be reserved for kitschy photos of little kids wearing old-timey costumes, kissing.

The kind you find in a cat lady's house.
 
I think selective coloring should be reserved for kitschy photos of little kids wearing old-timey costumes, kissing.

The kind you find in a cat lady's house.

And pharmaceutical ads.
 
I like them sometimes, like big bows on babies heads. I'm not really seeing the appeal in this one, but nice job. :) if you like it, don't worry about what we think!
 
Honestly, like babies playing with their own poop, this technique is something that people try early in their photographic journey and discover that most people find it disgusting and revolting.

Now, wash your hands and don't do it again.
 
Honestly, like babies playing with their own poop, this technique is something that people try early in their photographic journey and discover that most people find it disgusting and revolting.

Now, wash your hands and don't do it again.

Wait....... what?

I was never told this........... :er:
 
i dont think i ever had. not once.

that poster i am describing, the kissing kids, was a real poster i saw as a teenager - and from that point i decided right there i'd never do it.
 
Anyone got any selective colour shots that they think actually work?
not sure if there is a section on this forum for those types of shots, from the sounds of it a lot of you arn't keen on them.
I have a few...will post them if anyones interested (dont want to jump in and hijack the op's thread.)
 
Anyone got any selective colour shots that they think actually work?
not sure if there is a section on this forum for those types of shots, from the sounds of it a lot of you arn't keen on them.
I have a few...will post them if anyones interested (dont want to jump in and hijack the op's thread.)
I've seen one or two. I've done one, the old way - oil paint on silver print; will not post it.
 
This is the ONLY selective color shot I have ever done!

$Koko-Eye-R-L-SC-full.webp
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom