What's new

First try at a droplet photo

paranoidandroid13

TPF Noob!
Joined
Jan 18, 2007
Messages
67
Reaction score
0
Location
Ohio
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I was looking around on here yesterday and saw a few people taking some really great looking droplet photographs (esp. LaFoto) and thought I would try it out... This is what came out of it. All suggestions and critiques welcome!

3253983230_daa99ff0ca.jpg
 
Wow, that's cool! What did you do to caputre that if you don't mind sharing?
 
That is amazing. Its making me want to go home and try it
 
Wow, that's cool! What did you do to caputre that if you don't mind sharing?
I filled a small glass dish with some water almost to the top and put some decorative "rocks" (I guess that's what they are) in the bottom for some color. I put the dish on an old, black TV stand I have and put it against a white wall. I put my camera on a tripod with the flash on and the lights off and had my fiance drop water into the dish from maybe 2 feet high with a dropper. I increased the saturation and changed the hue a little bit to make it more turquoise. I'm hoping to improve to maybe be at the level of LaFoto and others who have captured beautiful shots of drops :D
 
I also cropped a little of the top off, but left the width alone. Any thoughts on another way to crop this?
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom