first try at action, C&C please!

blitzkrieg69

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
hey guys, i went to the paintball/airsoft field sunday and had my first go at some action shots. to be honest i used action mode on my d40 for most of these.

There was no PP at all. AND it was freezing and i was shaking like crazy

F/5.3
Exposure: .005 sec.
ISO - 800

May2009295.jpg

F/5.0
Exposure: .002sec
ISO - 560

May2009248.jpg

F/5.6
Exposure: .002sec
ISO - 800

May2009249.jpg

F/5.6
Exposure: .002
ISO - 720
May2009250.jpg

F/5.6
Exposure: .008
ISO - 220
May2009238.jpg

Last edited:
Not entirely sure, but i think "Action" shots refer to shots where there's movement or a sense of movement. These look pretty stationary to me. :scratch:

Probably taking a photo of someone while there running might be more of an aciton shot.

Let me be critical here... I always see people say there was no PP at all! Is that said because you think they are amazing as they are? or to prove that your PP skills dont suck?
I agree these are not action shots. There is nothing great about them, I usually like to say what could be done to help these, but honestly, I dont think anything would help, they just look like an average snapshot. Sorry, but hopefully my harsh critique will motivate you.

#3 and #4 remind me of Metal Gear Solid
They are decent shots.. but yeah, if you were trying to capture action, there isn't much to be seen in these shots

I will add you're pretty brave to bring your dSLR out in the middle of a bunch of paintballers, haha

I completely agree with Billthekid43. I hope you don't mind but I cropped #2 and #5 a bit to isolate the subject/scene.

May2009248paintball.jpg

May2009238paintball2.jpg

hope this helps

best wishes

Javier

I'd be worried about lens getting shot.. ha.

^ #2 looks way better cropped as Xavi has shown.

Also not sure if I'd focus on the person with their back turned, maybe focus on the guy in the background (on numbers 3 and 4).

Looks like fun though, bet your hands got cold out there.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back