First try at B&W. C&C welcome

dark_shadow

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Here are my first tries at black and white.

4747193518_e0452aeddd.jpg

4747189280_7ecf4ca2d5.jpg

Let me know what you think. Thanks

Let me ask you back: tries at b&w means: tries at CONVERSIONS into b&w from original colour photos?
If so, and unless you had your colour versions very contrasted already, you apparently did NOT only move the Saturation slider all the way back until you got your photo so desaturated that it appears in black and white. You did more? What did you do? They have good contrasts. Too small to really judge them, with the catamaran they might even be too strong. Lots of shadows under the boat that look all black. But, like I said: this photo presents itself too small for me to really see.

What I did was I used the black and white adjustment tool I found on paint.net and played with the contrast a little.

Here are the photos in a larger size.

4747193518_e0452aeddd_b.jpg

4747189280_7ecf4ca2d5_b.jpg

Look good. Seems to be an ok tool, the one you used. Now the horizon in the second needs to be fixed. Fast. Else all the water will run out of my screen and on to my desk, argh! :gah:

Ahhh. MUCH better :D

So - is this your rod? Did you catch anything inbetween taking your photos? If so, what did you go for?

Thank you

Oh, no, I don't think I'd have the patience for fishing. :lmao:.

I have also taken a look at your works.
Well, I am impressed with the LEAf one.
I do like this photo a lot.

In terms of the rest - I would offer you turn your camera and make horizontal pics.
so as to capture more of the sea and a little of the yacht. I love shots like that!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back