first try at hdr....

kalee

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
definately something i'd like to play and work with more.
i'd really like to work more on the sky, but only had about 10 minutes
and i was running short on time.
i've got tons of vacation pictures i'd like to play with later.
i really like the photomatix.
i know i like seeing the before and after .... here's mine.

thanks for looking!

before
126bti0.jpg

after
aeoeow.jpg

It seems a little 'over the top'...but if that is what you like, then go for it.

Yeah it looks fake which isn't really the point of HDR. I would suggest shooting with the sun at your back so you don't have to brighten so much.

If thats what your going for, it's pretty cool.

yeah... i'm a high saturation kind of girl.

thanks for the comment!

:)

Pretty kewl. I just... uh... (acquired?) photomatix pro 3 last night and I really didn't like my HDR attempts. They seemed a little "over the top" too. I guess I need to play around with it more. I will check into it again if my attempts with CS2 don't work out better. I think you're on the right track. Hope to see more from ya in the future.

Overall I prefer the first one, but the sky in the second I think is better. The flowers are just too bright in the HDR version.

I agree with sambrody44...if you shot this with the sun at your back you wouldn't have had such extremes in exposure from the sky to the sunflowers, and you may not have needed to do an HDR.

I think the HDR is overdone looking. The sunflowers look fake now. The sky is still too blown out even though you were able to bring out more detail in the clouds.

EDIT - one thing that I noticed that I thought was weird...I thought the sunflowers always face the direction of the sun? These are pointed the opposite way.

I think the HDR is overdone looking. The sunflowers look fake now. The sky is still too blown out even though you were able to bring out more detail in the clouds.

I agree for the sky but not for the sunflowers!
The sun flower is great !!!

Seems to me that this is a pretty great first go at things. Over the top or not, it's certainly giving you a good idea of how to piece things together, which is only going to mean better pictures in the future.

I say, good go at it. I can't wait to see more.

Most reactions

Back