What's new

First Try At The Controls....

YoBenny

TPF Noob!
Joined
Aug 30, 2012
Messages
79
Reaction score
3
Location
Frisco Texas
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I shot it in S set the exposure to +5 and the ISO to Hi1, wow I can tell this is going to be complicated enough to keep my attention for a couple decades.....
$whitemums.webp
 
Why'd you set the ISO to Hi1? unless this was in a really dark place (which it doesn't look like from the sunlight shining on the bottom right corner) you didn't need to and its caused all that noise, unless you wanted that noise.

What aperture and shutter speed did you use?
 
I shot it in S set the exposure to +5 and the ISO to Hi1, wow I can tell this is going to be complicated enough to keep my attention for a couple decades.....


Read the book, Understanding Exposure by Brian Peterson. It'll shorten that decade to only a few months...
 
And why on earth +5 EV? Those setting just really don't make any sense. You won't learn anything just randomly changing settings without having a clue why. Changing settings is fine and expected, but understand WHY you change something and understand WHAT it is going to do to your photograph.
 
I'm a little unsure about the 2 flowers top right that are out of focus...there isn't much depth to any of the flowers and would expect to keep all flowers in focus for this shot as there is no key feature to the photo, as mentioned above there is a glint of sunlight entering the picture but I'm unsure it works here...

Having said that i like the colour, and it catches they eye :-)
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom