first try..

Since u got the answer on 'flat lighting', here is a site that does decent job teaching u how to shoot portraits
Portrait Lighting
good luck pal

EDIT
Flat lighting is commonly done in magazine modeling (not headshots), kids photography. With digital age and use of photojournalism at weddings, many also light flat at that, and of course there are others who just care about EXPOSURE disregarding difference b/n shadwos/highlights. Flat lighting for portraits has few advantages - regardless which was your subject is turned, he/she will be well lit. Not moving the light also gives you more time to bangout more poses. HOWEVER, in my opinion flat is boring and isn't very glamorous. With ratios, that's where you don't just get creative with posing but also with lighting.
hope that helps

Last edited:
Her hair looks strange and I'm not sure why. It almost looks like that part of her was cut out from another image and pasted or the background photoshopped in, but only on her left.

I was going to say that exact same thing, but a few posts above yours, he did say he photoshopped in the background ;)

I think it is very well done. I like the photoshop aspect...you did very well. Your first shot! Wow!

thanks
ya i got that topaz remask plugin for photoshop and i wanted to try it out. really the hardest part was getting the backdrop to look real, and all that required was some rendered cloud overlay and gradient.

How did you edit the skin?

Did you create a mask of the skin, not including the eyes, brows, lips, etc?

naw i used imagenomics portraiture and it creates its own mask

Most reactions

New Topics

Back