First upload , c&c please

DannnyD

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Went out to the local wet lands and started to learn my camera. Learned that I got a lot to learn. More intersted in comments about the mechanics of the pic but if you want to comment on the composition feel free. I have thick skin.
EOS 40D
f/18
1/60 sec.
iso 160

Attachments

• $wet land.jpg
    $wet land.jpg
    185.1 KB · Views: 157
Too much contrast in the image and it is also over sharpened and over exposed try a lower ISO, quicker shutter and a lower aperture (no need for it to be so high tbh as there is nothing of interest in the background, your focus should be fixed on the tree as it is a point of interest) i think iso 100 shutter 1/1000 aperture f11 would do it also try to compose your shot into an interesting view instead of straight on try bending down aiming up, aiming diagonally etc..

I hope i dont sound too harsh, I know this is most likely your first image, But you know what they say, you gotta be hard to be nice

Last edited:
Went out to the local wet lands and started to learn my camera. Learned that I got a lot to learn. More intersted in comments about the mechanics of the pic but if you want to comment on the composition feel free. I have thick skin.
EOS 40D
f/18
1/60 sec.
iso 160
What shooting mode are you using? Are you shooting in manual and choosing these exposure settings or did you shoot in one of the other modes and let the camera decide?

Was this shot in JPEG or RAW?

Which photo editing software did you use to post process it?

Why did you crop it the way you did?

The image is slightly overexposed and kinda uninteresting. At least you didn't center the tree.

i agree with the posts above, is this your first time shooting your camera?
clear.gif

Thanks for the comments. This was basically my first real attempt at taking a pic with this camera. I figyered I would work on the mechanics before I tried to get creative. I used corelpaint shop pro to process the shot. Just hit the quick fix button. Funny thing is I thought it looked better before the quick fix. It wasn't as bright.
I had the camera in aperature priority mode. Not sure why I cropped like I did , just playing around.
Again thanks for the comments I need them to learn and do not worry about being harsh I know that I have a long way to go.
Dan

Just hit the quick fix button. Funny thing is I thought it looked better before the quick fix. It wasn't as bright.

Keep in mind, that the software isn't always right. ;)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back