What's new

First water drop attempt C&C welcome

KAikens318

TPF Noob!
Joined
Jun 6, 2009
Messages
933
Reaction score
19
Location
Manchester, NH
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
So I have been reading a thousand different articles on how to photograph these little beads of liquid frustration, but everyone has a different technique. I found the one thing that is constant is the amount of light you need, so I winged it and they didn't come out too badly!

DSC_2742.jpg



DSC_2738.jpg


DSC_2744.jpg
 
Great sharpness. Did you use the 50mm lens for this?
 
I like! Really cool! How'd you do it??


I set up a small glass on the table full of water, poked a hole in a Pepsi bottle for the water to drop from, set up a normal light bulb right above the water, and also used my on board flash. ISO was at 320 I think and shutter speed was 1/200. For the colors I used microfiber towels under and behind the glass. :D
 
Great sharpness. Did you use the 50mm lens for this?


I tried with a 50mm but it just wasn't working so I switched to my 18-55mm at 55mm. The tip of the lens is about 8 inches from the glass
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom