First Wedding Shoot

Yes, the wedding is done and I can say proudly that I did a very good job. The primary told me that the bride "absolutely LOVED my pictures!". If the bride is happy, then I'm happy :) I have 2nd shot for one more wedding during that time and that went great as well. I will post some shots soon I promise! I would love everyone's feedback.

Quick question though, should I post the pictures here or in a new thread where people post pictures? *noob status*

Start a new thread in the right gallery but post a link to the new thread here so people just reading the thread don't have to hunt down the pictures and people not interested in reading the business section but like to critique will see your examples as well. Does that make sense? I'm tired and should be in bed.

I'd say new thread and and you can provide a link back to this one if anybody is missing the back story.

ETA: What Christina said

Start a new thread in the right gallery but post a link to the new thread here so people just reading the thread don't have to hunt down the pictures and people not interested in reading the business section but like to critique will see your examples as well. Does that make sense? I'm tired and should be in bed.

Ok I'll do just that- thanks!

But don't you think that the clients need to have a look at your photos before the you give the finished products? I mean you can select by your own the photos which look bad 100% and delete them in order to avoid what you describe here...

But don't you think that the clients need to have a look at your photos before the you give the finished products? I mean you can select by your own the photos which look bad 100% and delete them in order to avoid what you describe here...

The photos I'll be posting will be edited by the primary photographer (who has given me permission to use them for my own portfolio) and shown to the clients and approved beforehand.

This nervousness is obvious. It has been in every single person so you don't worry, there is always a first time. Do exactly what you do as the Hirejn said. The pressure goes off soon. I had this nervousness as well, Even when i was full at confidence and support while i started my house construction project....... but it got okay and now i am same without any nervousness :)

Very coll and really impressive.Definition is perfect.Anyhow I am not feeling well due to my backache and want to take rest over my good quality foam mattress.I now this is irrelevant but I just share this that soon I will be back with some new interesting stuff.

Hello everyone! I'm scheduled to be a 2nd shooter for an upcoming wedding. This is going to be the first wedding I've ever done so i just wanted to ask what I should be looking out for. Any tips or advice?

I've done several mock weddings that a friend of mine as set up in the past, but this will be the first real wedding for me. I'm just a bit nervous. My primary responsibilities will be to take some candids and some shots of the groom and groomsmen.

Any and all advice would mean a great deal for me. Thanks!

Take picture of is interesting. Its that simple.

I would completely disagree there. I NEVER show clients ANYTHING except the finished product. especially not pictures on the back of the camera. everything looks good on the 3 inch screen. if it turns out to really look bad at 100% and you have to throw out that photo, and the clients remember seeing that particular one and ask about it..what do you tell them? only show clients what you KNOW is a good photo.

^^^^^^^^^^ this.

If you utilize the zoom function on the camera you can limit this issue and also ensure that you get the shot by knowing you just screwed it up and can ask them to hold still for another. Always show the client something. Get them involved in the process. Hype it a bit and get them excited.

If you utilize the zoom function on the camera you can limit this issue and also ensure that you get the shot by knowing you just screwed it up and can ask them to hold still for another. Always show the client something. Get them involved in the process. Hype it a bit and get them excited.

No.

Why not? At the same time maybe hand them the camera and let them take a few shots! Also I would suggest inviting them over so the can sit next to you and help edit the photos! What would be even better if you could get the bride, the groom, their parents and maybe some of the brides maids to help as well!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back