First Wedding

Stacey

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I shot my first wedding yesterday for some close friends of mine. I was very nervous about it and they both knew that they aren't going to see anything extraordinary in my photography as I'm totally new at it and all but....they asked anyway! I bought a flash for the occasion and it is one that I have to manually change myself so I was pretty confused to the whole thing! The lighting in the church was horrible and my inexperience with the flash together (in the church) did not make for good pictures. I took a few and edited them (just by using Levels in PS) but I still think they could have been so much better had I known what I was doing. I couldn't pop the saturation too much because I'd turn the bride & groom orange/red as they both tan and he was already sunburned! Anywho, the wedding was VERY laid back as you can see (even I had the same wardrobe as everyone else) and consisted of just the B&G and their parents - that was it. I much prefer the outside pictures because I can deal with the lighting outdoors as opposed to indoors. Please C/C so I can know what to do better next time..(not that I ever plan on doing another wedding again! I'm so jealous of all you that do them! I don't know how you do it!) but please be kind. Thank you!

1. This was taken outside prior to the wedding.
8DoorwayKiss.jpg

1.5 Different Take - I do like this one also..
12SamJeremyDoorway.jpg

2. He doesn't like to do any "mushy, girly" poses so I had to promise him a 12 pack of Busch lite for this photo! But it is my favorite! (I cloned out the door handle underneath their hands and I am aware that you can tell. That is something I do plan on fixing)
9FrontDoor.jpg

3. The bridal party
15GroupAltar3.jpg

4. The I Do Kiss
Idokiss3.jpg

5. After you get married you go outside and the couple rings the bell
11WeddingBell.jpg

6. The Bride
2SamSolo.jpg

7. The Groom
1JeremySolo.jpg

8. The whole family
5EnitreFamily.jpg

9. Walking down the street...I don't know if I like this or not...
5FamilyStreet.jpg

13SamJeremyBear.jpg

11. The marriage license...I don't exactly know what I was going for with this but I didn't get it to what I wanted it to be...I think I'm going to play with this image a bit more
6MarriageLicenseBW.jpg

You did fine exposure wise, except for maybe #5 where I think you should have went with the ambient light with fill flash.

In #8, two are looking at the camera, and four aren't. ?

Good series! I enjoyed looking.

PS I don't ever remember seeing a dog in a house of worship before.:thumbup:

May I ask you if they were para-military for secret war in Iraq/Afganistan.
I think the last two portrait images are the best among your images.

You did fine exposure wise, except for maybe #5 where I think you should have went with the ambient light with fill flash.

In #8, two are looking at the camera, and four aren't. ?

Good series! I enjoyed looking.

PS I don't ever remember seeing a dog in a house of worship before.:thumbup:

With #5, I didn't use a flash or anything on them. The sun peeked out from the clouds at the (wrong) moment and caused a pretty harsh glare on them. With #8, the people who work at the chapel also take pictures for their website so it was hard to get everyone to look at me. And frustrating! Part of it felt like they wanted to take over my job as photographer but they were polite people and knew some good pictures to do because they do it a lot. Still, a bit frustrating however!

Thanks everyone who commented!

These are really cute. I had to laugh about the camo attire, as it is something that some of my family would probably do (and they'll love seeing these)....and also in Illinois. :lol:

I like the portrait shots (6 & &), and my favorite is number 10.

Most reactions

Back