First Wedding

can you post more the pictures that you took?

First of all, on a positive note, the shots are generally artistic. There are some things I would try to change or clone out, such as in the photo of all the bridesmaids it would probably be nice to clone out the building from the background. And in the photo of the glass if you were able to get rid of the person from the other side that would probably be good.

as for the photo you posted, it can be wedding-y the only problem is that it's almost a little over soft. Also, the leaves in the background almost look like they are in focus making it seem like you just missed the focus (it was probably intentional, but...). The other thing I would try to do is make maybe the flowers or something in focus if you're going to make the person out of focus.

The main problem I'm seeing with the photo is how dark it is. It looks like the vignette makes her face darker. And because of how dark the rest of the photo is, the light spot where the river can be seen is quite distracting from the couple.

Maybe I need to recheck the calibration on my monitor but all of the photos I saw look really dark.

These are just my .02 your mileage may vary.

You images seem rather dark. Perhaps a little too gloomy for a wedding. I get the artistic feel though. I am thinking that you probably hit a little too hard on the contrast slider. The black dresses and tux are so dark that I see no textures at all yet the white wedding dress seems on the edge of being blown out.

On the candle picture, the lady in the background is a little distracting for me. To fix this, I would make a copy layer, blur it a bit, then mask it into your original layer. Overall, I liked your photos. Just a little post processing adjustments to your RAWs and you're good to go.

the detail on the cake is awesome, that the same type of detail you gotta look for when shooting the bride and her dress.

where in socal are u from?

thanks to everyone for the feedback. most of the original images were slightly grey, opaque and washed out. (it was overcast and i DO NOT have professional equipment) i guess i overcompensated a bit.

we live in Anaheim, near Disneyland

thanks to everyone for the feedback. most of the original images were slightly grey, opaque and washed out. (it was overcast and i DO NOT have professional equipment) i guess i overcompensated a bit.

we live in Anaheim, near Disneyland
im also in socal,, in Sylmar 10 min. from magic mountain

Nice shots, although I agree a little bit too dark. The cake shot is my favorite. I agree with the others that the first shot at the top of this page is too blurred. I see what you were going for, but maybe a little bit too much processing?

Wow those bridesmaids looked bored! One is even stifling a yawn! :)

all i know about photoshop are the actions, and for some reason, whenever i use actions or layers, the clone stamp dosent work. does anyone else have this problem?

When using the clone stamp, you have to first figure out your source point (the point you want to use as the source). To do this, hold the ALT key, the mouse cursor will turn into a crosshair, then left click on your source point and left go of the alt key and mouse button. Now place your clone brush (mouse cursor) over the area you want to "cover up", then click your mouse and start painting away.

Remember to always work with a copy layer, not the original. If you make a major mistake, you always have the original as a backup. Also, try doing a search on google like "+photoshop+clone+stamp+tutorial". This may help you out more indepth than my quick reply. Good luck.

Most reactions

Back