Fish,Fire,Sulfur C+C

Neil S.

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I shot these at an Onsen hotel. Its like a bed and breakfast with a hot spring in Japan. The wife and I have been to more of them than I can remember over the years.

This area of Japan has a lot of sulfur in the water, thats why its so blue(stinks too). :lol:

IMG_7106.jpg

IMG_7122.jpg

IMG_7138.jpg

IMG_7136.jpg

#1 . I think you can blur the background even more. And I think it will improve tremendously if you shoot it from the other side so you can see the reflection of the charcoal on the fish.

#2 Too busy. I felt like you were trying too hard to fit the whole building on the frame. It just doesnt work on this situation. How about like this?
nippon.jpg

#3 Again, I think you were trying too hard trying to put the whole pool in the frame.
Plus, I think you should make the RAW file colder so you can show the blue color a little (per your description)
nippon2.jpg

#4 Doest do anything to me. I would not tell the difference between sulfury water than dirty water.

#1 . I think you can blur the background even more. And I think it will improve tremendously if you shoot it from the other side so you can see the reflection of the charcoal on the fish.

#2 Too busy. I felt like you were trying too hard to fit the whole building on the frame. It just doesnt work on this situation. How about like this?

#3 Again, I think you were trying too hard trying to put the whole pool in the frame.
Plus, I think you should make the RAW file colder so you can show the blue color a little (per your description)

#4 Doest do anything to me. I would not tell the difference between sulfury water than dirty water.

Ya I wasnt that good back when I shot these. And I realize I still have a lot to learn. At least I got much better gear now.

Thanks for the input, some of your points I hadn't really thought about. :thumbup:

Ya they are too busy I guess, they look like normal travel photos people snap with point and shoots.

These were shot in RAW, but I lost them and only have the JPEGs left, so I was limited on what I could do. I am still a Photoshop noob as well.

I have a lot of pics of Japan by the way. The wife and I used to travel a lot throughout the country.

Last edited:
I made the water blue a little with photoshop. Would be a lot better if you use the raw.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back