What's new

Fish Tank Pics!

stormbind

TPF Noob!
Joined
Dec 23, 2005
Messages
104
Reaction score
0
Location
Clemson, SC
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I took a few pics of my other hobby and thought that I would share them with you guys. I hope you enjoy them!

IMG_3112.jpg


IMG_3129.jpg


IMG_3146.jpg


IMG_3166.jpg


IMG_3081.jpg


IMG_2962.jpg


IMG_2964CR2.jpg


IMG_3004CR2.jpg
 
Awesome work. I have a ton of photos of my tanks (Which I'm greatly reducing the number of soon). They're not easy to get! That's for sure. If #3 would have had the entire fish in the frame it would have been awesome.
 
I agree with you about number three. I was disappointed to not get a shot with the whole fish framed. That's a Pajama Cardinal BTW, and I will try to get a pic of the whole fish tomorrow for you. :D
 
Cool:) I never did keep any salties. Just weird freshwater fish from Asia, Africa, and the Amazon.

Just sold 775 gallons of tanks a couple days ago:(
 
If you really wanna get good photos using the technique you did then shut of your air pumps and filter(s) while you take pics..

When I shoot my tanks I use an off camera flash from above the tank, it sits in a home made light box. Light box is just a shoe box with tin foil stuck inside it to help bounce/reflect the light into the tank.

Typical settings for this is about can be anywhere from about 1/2 to 1/8 in flash power and about f/16 and 1/160-1/200s. I find is a good aperture to use as this helps keeps things in focus..

Here is a couple of examples using this type of setup.

img7031web.jpg

img6295web.jpg

img1061webvw8.jpg

img1122webbx8.jpg

img2760webvk1.jpg

img2773webek1.jpg

zlpwf0.jpg

img7917webnv1.jpg
 
If you really wanna get good photos using the technique you did then shut of your air pumps and filter(s) while you take pics..

When I shoot my tanks I use an off camera flash from above the tank, it sits in a home made light box. Light box is just a shoe box with tin foil stuck inside it to help bounce/reflect the light into the tank.

Typical settings for this is about can be anywhere from about 1/2 to 1/8 in flash power and about f/16 and 1/160-1/200s. I find is a good aperture to use as this helps keeps things in focus..

Here is a couple of examples using this type of setup.

That's what I do with the exception of killing the filter. Frankenfilter keeps up enough to not worry about it:)

main.php



main.php


main.php


main.php
 
Yeah I don't kill my filters or air pumps when I use flash. I was saying that for stormbind as he isn't using any and the slow shutters are showing up the air bubbles as streaks through his shots..
 
Yeah I don't kill my filters or air pumps when I use flash. I was saying that for stormbind as he isn't using any and the slow shutters are showing up the air bubbles as streaks through his shots..

:thumbup::thumbup:
 
How long you had your burindis Rallysman? Are they wild caughts?

My Blue Mobas are F1. Had em since tiny fry.
img0532webnk1.jpg
 
How long you had your burindis Rallysman? Are they wild caughts?

I've had that big guy for 4 or 5 years. He was about an inch when I got him. A pet store special so I'm sure it's F10000 or something.

You're probably laughing at the Aussie Arowana since you could step out and go fishing for them LOL.
 
Grrr! No fair. I can't keep any coral alive in my salt tank and my roomies killed two of my fish while I was away last summer.
 
Yeah I don't kill my filters or air pumps when I use flash. I was saying that for stormbind as he isn't using any and the slow shutters are showing up the air bubbles as streaks through his shots..

Yeah so I had my return pump off and my mp10 set on feed mode. Not much else I can do. I don't really want to unplug my mp10 cause then I have to reprogram it. No bubbles in a reef tank. What you see floating around is just various particulate in the water. I think I fed the fish not long before I started photographing so its probably uneaten food. Next time I am gonna shoot a couple hours after the lights turns on. This way hopefully no one will have made a mess and all the corals will be open.

I used to have an African Cichlids tank and Always wanted a Frontosa. Thanks for sharing!
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom