What's new

fisheye attachments

Sodak

TPF Noob!
Joined
Jan 28, 2009
Messages
104
Reaction score
0
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Can someone explain to me the difference in magnification for me? I've been searching for a layman's explanation between the different ones.. ie.. 0.42x, 0.25x, 0.16x.

I'm going to buy one because I would like to use one on vacation in a month, and they are within my budget for fisheye <$100. I realize with that amount spent I am going to lose some image quality, but I'd still like to play around with one.

Does bigger number= less wide?
 
anyone? tia
 
The amount of image quality you lose on those fisheyes is huge, just so you know. They get very blurry around the edges.

The magnification is a multiplier. If you have an 18-55mm and a 0.2x fisheye attachment it becomes a (18*0.2)-(55*0.2) = 3.6-11mm lens.
 
That and they aren't really fisheye's. They are called that just as a marketing hook.

What they do is exaggerate barrel distortion with cheap, low quality optics which is why they get blurry approaching the edges.

If that works for you. :thumbup:
 
i have the opteka .25x.

garbage.

its fun for 5min and then it leaves you wanting more.
the IQ as kmh said is crap. the middle most area is fairly in focus, but you get a couple millimeters outside the center and it all turns to out of focus distorted crap.
if you want a fisheye and will have use for a real one, save up for it. if you wanna mess with the look of distortion and dont care about IQ, grab one of the auxiliary lenses.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom