Fishing at Sunset

stapo49

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
sunset fish.JPG

Superb shot, colours are great. If I'm being really pedantic the horizon is slightly off level (maybe by 0.5 degree) and I think i would have liked to see more of the fishing rods sillouetted with less blur particularly with the guy on the right. This might have meant combining 2 shots at different shutter speeds and blending in post.

Still, as a keen angler this is the kind of image that really appeals to me. It really feels like that magical moment, on a big beach at sunset. Stellar work!

very nice
Thanks

Superb shot, colours are great. If I'm being really pedantic the horizon is slightly off level (maybe by 0.5 degree) and I think i would have liked to see more of the fishing rods sillouetted with less blur particularly with the guy on the right. This might have meant combining 2 shots at different shutter speeds and blending in post.

Still, as a keen angler this is the kind of image that really appeals to me. It really feels like that magical moment, on a big beach at sunset. Stellar work!
Thanks for taking the time to comment. To be honest I didn't spend a lot of time worrying how the fisherman looked as I was only really including them to add some scale and depth to the image. I usually don't ruin a good image by putting people in it lol. I didn't notice the horizon perhaps because it sorted blended into the clouds. I will revisit it.

Very nice.
Thank you

Great job seeing this one. Very nicely done.
Thanks very much

Nice, but some of art is using enough to suggest the effect you're going for without overwhelming other elements of the image.

In this case, you have a LOT of the surrounding sunset, sky, etc. Which is lovely... but the subjects of the image are lost, which is part of why you're hearing calls for "more of the rods", etc.

Zoom in a bit. Make sure the elements that mainly contribute to the scene do not overwhelm it.

Nice, but some of art is using enough to suggest the effect you're going for without overwhelming other elements of the image.

In this case, you have a LOT of the surrounding sunset, sky, etc. Which is lovely... but the subjects of the image are lost, which is part of why you're hearing calls for "more of the rods", etc.

Zoom in a bit. Make sure the elements that mainly contribute to the scene do not overwhelm it.
Thanks for your thoughts.

Love the colors
Thank you

I think it's a great pic. Nice sheen on the wet sand.
Thanks Kirk

Respectfully, I disagree. But I do have a bit of a soft spot for the small people, big landscape shots. I don't see the people as subjects here, it's the landscape that the subject and zooming in would have lost the impact of the expansiveness of it all.

Respectfully, I disagree. But I do have a bit of a soft spot for the small people, big landscape shots. I don't see the people as subjects here, it's the landscape that the subject and zooming in would have lost the impact of the expansiveness of it all.

ehhhhhhhhh.... this is almost those "what is art" kind of things. Arguably, I can't say right or wrong on this point, but if there is a "style" that this kind of shot represents, I'm not sure this would be a good example of one. What's in all that real estate is a whole lot of repetition and it doesn't seem to contribute much.

But if you like it, well... you like it. :)

Well...very serene. I suppose I’d sound stupid to say that I wish there was more to the fishermen, especially to title the image after them.

I’ll go out on a limb here and dub this image “anticlimactic”, and I do that for two reasons: 1) the sunset seems to have been just missed,
and even though I get the feeling of relaxation and peace, I would have liked to have a tad more sunset drama with all that empty sky,‘and what sunset we have is off-center which is a little distracting imho...and 2) the size of the fishermen compared to the very wide view. Thanks for letting me critique this!!

I new putting people in an image would cause issues. Next time I will leave them out and call it "A lovely evening at the beach" [emoji23]

Sent from my CPH2009 using Tapatalk

I new putting people in an image would cause issues. Next time I will leave them out and call it "A lovely evening at the beach" [emoji23]

Sent from my CPH2009 using Tapatalk

Then you'd just have me whining about how landscapes are pointless and there's no subject. :)

(seriously)

(I'm such a pain. But most of the people who know about my nonsense are looooooooooooooooong gone from here.)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back