Fishing Village

Quenten

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
500px.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
This is a fishing village in Malta called Marsaxlokk. The boats which is seen in the photo is called Luzzu $Mxlokk new boat resized.jpg

http://500px.com/quentenattard

Last edited:
Very nice; I would take the time to remove the contrainer cranes from the background and maybe try and burn the sky in a bit more; very nice image. Lovely scene.

Gorgeous!

Removed stupid question. Sorry didn't see the comment. Was too busy admiring the colors in this shot.

Out of curiosity, did you use a transitional filter on the sky? The water has much lighter shade of reflection which would indicate that. Nice, interesting shot...

I used the gradient tool on the sky and on the water ur right i went a abit over when using the brush, should have lowered the opacity

Nice scene, GREAT LIGHT! I really like the colors on the main boat--that really nails it for the center of interest.

The ONLY thing I can say that bothers me is that the composition is rather static--that main boat is a little too central in the frame and the boat to its left is really just dead weight.

Did you take any images panning to the right enough to cut out that dead boat? Because the light in the background on the right is so nice that pan might work better to simplify the scene.

You could, I suppose, just crop off the left boat but that would create an odd aspect ratio...

Just some thoughts because I like this so much!

Nice scene, GREAT LIGHT! I really like the colors on the main boat--that really nails it for the center of interest.

The ONLY thing I can say that bothers me is that the composition is rather static--that main boat is a little too central in the frame and the boat to its left is really just dead weight.

Did you take any images panning to the right enough to cut out that dead boat? Because the light in the background on the right is so nice that pan might work better to simplify the scene.

You could, I suppose, just crop off the left boat but that would create an odd aspect ratio...

Just some thoughts because I like this so much!
Hi,
Unfortumately that was the only photo i took of that boat and that particular scene but took alot more of the area, regarding the composition, i should have moved more to the right to be more with the rule of thirds :)

Let me get this right--you only took ONE photo of this scene!?

When the light is this good with subjects like this my wife has to DRAG me away!

Let me get this right--you only took ONE photo of this scene!?

When the light is this good with subjects like this my wife has to DRAG me away!

Yes that is the only photo i took of that scene

I like this one a lot, but I could use a little less red.

Most reactions

Back