Fist Image post. Just wanna see what you think

MongooseDog

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hello. This is my first image post here and would really like some feed back to kinda know where I stand. This is the way the picture came out of the camera.

Camera: Nikon D200
Shutter: 1/320
F-Stop: 5.6
Focal Length: 130MM
ISO: 100

Please give me any critiques or advise that you have. If you want to be blunt about anything feel free to. I can take it.

You will probably be seeing a lot of me on here. I am sorta a forum junkie.

Loss_by_MongooseDoggie.jpg

Beautifully shot, although it seems the cheek is more in focus, and I would've preferred the eye to be sharper instead.

Wonderful tone though, and great lighting.

Let's see more! :)

That is a very nice picture. Is it a crop, or were you that close?

Great use of diagonal lines. The lighting is very good, but a bit harsh on the tip of the nose. I would have like to see a bit more life in the eye.

Well done and please keep posting.

Thanks for the comments everyone. This seems to be a very helpful place. I will be posting more for sure

That is a very nice picture. Is it a crop, or were you that close?

I was a in pretty close. This is not a crop.

Don't worry. I wasn't breathing heavily as i shot it.

When in really close stop down the lens more F11 - F16 will keep all features sharp. H

Yeah, should have done that. Oh, Hines Sight, you are a harsh mistress :bounce:

130mm means you were kinda further away right? although you just said you were pretty close. i may just not understand focal length, but i was under the impression that the higher the focal length number, the more you're zoomed in and therefore, further away from the subject.

130mm means you were kinda further away right? although you just said you were pretty close. i may just not understand focal length, but i was under the impression that the higher the focal length number, the more you're zoomed in and therefore, further away from the subject.

I wasn't right up on her by any means. there was a couple feet between us at least.

I got to give you props very nice capture! i like how the eye is just infocus

Most reactions

Back