Fix in Photoshop / keystone

avil

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I have a photo that I am trying to fix and I need some advice on how to do it in Photoshop. I shot an interior wall and I have a slight Keystone affect. The camera height wise was perfect but I could not get back far enough so the lense was to wide. My horizontal lines are slightly skewed and I was wondering what type of fix I could do.

Crop tool.

Drag out a crop box and on the tool bar there will now be a Perspective check box.

Put a check mark in the box and you can now drag the image to correct it.

I have it, but I am having a hard time getting the horizontal lines straight. When I move the boxes on either corner the middle box is moving as well so basically I am just cutting the top off. How do I crop each corner but leave the middle alone. Thanks for the help.

Last edited:
Unfortunately, there are limits.

You might try putting the image on a larger canvas.

It's guesswork to a certain degree because we don't have an image to evaluate or experiment with at this end.

Here is the top piece. I have a slight bit of keystone on the horizontal lines. Thanks

keystone.jpg

DxO Optics could possibly fix this but its always the way that theres some software out there that you might only need to use a few times and might not justify its cost. But at least theres a free trial: http://www.dxo.com

I saw a Photoshop tutorial that has a lens filter that would seem to do the trick. My versions of Photoshop are old so I am going to try it on my friends computer with the updated version and see how it works. Thanks

The new Photoshop CS5 has new lens correction tools in it too. I'm looking forward to that.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back