"Fixing" a botched Christmas shoot

rexbobcat

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
My step-sister recently got Christmas photos taken of her kids by a friend of hers.

I think you can guess what kind of photographer this friend was: entry-level DSLR, no knowledge of OCF, showed up late when the sun had already gone down.

She was basically the epitome of the Craigslist photographer, and my step-sister was not happy with the images.

As a result, she asked me to take some quick photos during our family get-together to help make up for the other lackluster photos.

They were done very quickly with very little set up (I only brought two speedlights down for the holidays), and they're not going to win any awards, but...

_MG_6968.jpg

_MG_6984.jpg

pretty nice actually.
good to see some (what I consider) proper DOF in portraits!
definitely good shots there.

Cute kiddos!!! Really Lovely pictures!

Going to agree with pixmedic and tirediron. Really nice shots. I adore that second one.

These turned out great. I'm sure your sister was happy [emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pretty nice actually.

Thank you. I really tried hard to get them all in focus while also keeping the background blurred enough that it doesn't become too distracting.

A piece of my soul dies every time I upload my photos on my computer and somebody's head is blurry. :p

Really fun shots...Nice job!

I'm sure these have "won the award" for your sister! They are really nice and the children are cute!

pretty nice actually.

Thank you. I really tried hard to get them all in focus while also keeping the background blurred enough that it doesn't become too distracting.

A piece of my soul dies every time I upload my photos on my computer and somebody's head is blurry. :p

These came out wonderful. Curious how far away they were from the tree behind them and how far you were from them. I tried to get a similar shot of my daughter and either ran out of room or was doing something else wrong. I think maybe I had her too close to the tree...

Most reactions

Back