Fixing a broken lens?

BallisticJunkfood

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hello all. I'm a college student who took a basic photo class a couple of semesters ago and fell in love with the art. I don't know much about photography, but I enjoy it and I'm willing to learn more about it to better myself.

Anyway, for the past couple of years, I've been using a Pentax ZX-60 film SLR camera. It's served me well since I bought it, but just the other day I took off the lens and noticed that part of the mounting hardware on the lens had broken off! The thing is, I still have the broken piece and I can fit it exactly into place where it goes. My question is this: can I possibly use some kind of adhesive or epoxy to stick the broken piece back into place? Will the lens still work if I do so? Or am I just better off looking for a new lens?

I can provide pictures of the broken piece if necessary. I just kinda want some help before I go off and spend money on a new lens.

I think that would depend on where the adhesive would be placed, and if it that place would harm any other moving parts.

But then again, whats the worst that could happen? You break an already broken lens?!?

I say try it. If you're careful and it works, then you're not out any money and you can squeeze a little more life out of it. If you break it any more than it already is... well then its time to look for a new one.

Most reactions

Back