Flame Tree

icassell

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I, for one, am tired of reading insults, snipes, etc. in the threads on TPF. How about this tree where, if you want to flame someone, you do it here ... get it off your chest ... then go back to the main board and contribute civilly. Title your flame with the name of the person you wish to insult and he/she can decide whether or not to read it.

Jeesh, the tone has gotten downright nasty on many threads which started with innocent questions, posts, etc.

It especially upsets me when a newcomer (either to TPF or photography or both) is attacked mercilessly.

Welcome to the new TPF:er:

I'm thinking on starting a range of fireproof clothes sometime soon!

I, for one, am tired of reading insults, snipes, etc. in the threads on TPF. How about this tree where, if you want to flame someone, you do it here ... get it off your chest ... then go back to the main board and contribute civilly. Title your flame with the name of the person you wish to insult and he/she can decide whether or not to read it.

Jeesh, the tone has gotten downright nasty on many threads which started with innocent questions, posts, etc.

It especially upsets me when a newcomer (either to TPF or photography or both) is attacked mercilessly.

and now you know why a lot of us have left over the past 12 months. we are all dancing to a new beat ;)

Welcome to the new TPF:er:

:thumbup:

I'm thinking on starting a range of fireproof clothes sometime soon!

well count me in as long as they have realtree pattern

Overread, your comments are useless drivel. manaheim, your photos suck. :lol:

Sorry, I couldn't resist making light of the situation. Nice idea but I doubt anyone will use it. If you're childish enough to flame people elsewhere, it's doubtful you'll have the restraint to do it in a controlled manner.

Overread, can I get some of those fireproof clothes with my logo on them? (Still being designed, but as soon as it's done...)

well count me in as long as they have realtree pattern

Sure - but they will cost like 9 times the base cost if you want the realtree pattern!

Overread, your comments are useless drivel. manaheim, your photos suck. :lol:

Yay my photos are good! :)

Overread, can I get some of those fireproof clothes with my logo on them? (Still being designed, but as soon as it's done...)

Everyone has a logo these days - I feel all left out!

There's this dude that really gets on my tits. He is full of himself, pompous, arrogant, gives out useless and often incorrect information, encites arguments, his photos suck and is apparently just a lonely old fart.

I can't remember his username, but he has a cat for an avatar.

There's this dude that really gets on my tits. He is full of himself, pompous, arrogant, gives out useless and often incorrect information, encites arguments, his photos suck and is apparently just a lonely old fart.

:lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:

This cat's name wouldn't be "Felix", would it?

Hey, I see some old (as in I didn't see them in a log time) people here. lol

Wait!...
:lmao:

Most of you will not like the first sentence of my response. Please read it through and give it a chance.

I do not mind the flaming. True, in real life we would be more polite to each other but this is not real life. This is the internet and when I get on the internet, I expect some of that. It's not that big a deal.

1/ I can't stand pcness
2/ we all have bad days
3/ the internet is a good way to vent which, if people using it are realistic enough, they will not take personally. Venting is good for the soul.

I go to another forum regularly because of great PS advice but the C&C there makes me want to puke. "Lovely shot," "beautiful picture," "great photo" are the usual comments for the worst of snapshots. There is enough of that here as it is.

And let's not forget that some people get offended way too easily. But that is true in real life also.

There is a member whose work I really like but I haven't seen him in a while. His next to last post, he had an outburst about one of the responses. Fairly mild response but considering his condition (which was announced in his sig) the reply to his own response may not have gone over very well. He only posted once since, a couple weeks later. Nothing since and I can't help and wonder. Especially so because I have a family member with the same condition so I know a little bit about it.

But this is the internet. If you can't stand it, get off. I'll take flaming any day over the pc BS.

You'll have another side to this as well, and that side is the business end. If new users come here and are chased off by the flaming, that is a drawback for the site owner.

On another site that Ekool started up, it got so bad they had to create strict rules about flaming, and how/where it could be done.

I see what ol' Cloudmaker up there is saying though, it is just the internet and it's perfectly fine to push the keyboard away and take a walk :lol:.... Good, realistic criticism is also a bonus, that fake overly nice stuff is just annoying and no one learns from it which is twice as bad.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back