flash and "P" mode help

iPhoto17

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
for some reason when i put up the built in flash on my nikon d3000 the shutter speed doesnt go faster like its supposed to automatically, so i put it on manual mode and put up the flash and put the shutter as high as itll let me get but the pictures still come out way too bright, any help would be appreciaited, theres a blinking with the flash signal and the +/- signs, so im assuming i have to adjust the aperture

Does the D3000 have the option for FP mode? This is high speed sync.... Even the D300 and the D700's default settings only allows 1/60th with flash....But in FP mode you can shoot whatever SS you want.

Cheers, Joe

If don't enable high-speed sync on the flash, then they camera will limit itself to it's maximum sync speed. Refer to your camera manual for the sync speed of your unit. Refer to the flash manual for information on high-speed sync.

And a word of advice: Stop shooting with flash in P mode. It will muck-up the works more than it will not. It's better to get a handle on how to use flash in one of the semi-auto modes, and best in manual.

Most reactions

Back