Flash attachment for Canon Elan 7e

rob91

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
So I'm considering buying a flash that would attach to the body of my Elan. Color me confused, as I see prices ranging from 20$ on ebay to 500$ or so somewhere else. Then there are compatibility issues, I guess not all flashes will work on every camera? It would be nice to get something that would also work on my Rebel XT, though that's not a necessity. I just need light, really, something that's good to use on the fly, for quick shooting.

So enlighten me TPF. Post links for reading and whatnot, recommend me some of your favorite flashes, all that fun stuff. Thanks.

Search around...there have been many, many posts explaining the different options for getting a flash.

In a nutshell, you can go with a dedicated flash that will communicate with your camera...or you can use a flash that doesn't talk to the camera, in which case you will have to match the settings on the flash to the camera or visa versa.

My recommendation would be a Canon 430EX, 550EX (not in production anymore) or a 580EX. Either one will work just as well on your Elan or Rebel XT.

Most reactions

Back