Flash Brackets?

sween

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
New to the forum here, hoping for some help. Thanks!

Looking to buy a flash bracket and have a couple questions.

• Is a bracket going to make that much of a difference in my flash photography?
  • What bracket(s) do you suggest? Brand? Model? Style?
  • Since a bracket can be cumbersome, is a diffuser, like a Fong, equally as good?
Gear to be used with a bracket would a D200 and/or D70 with an SB300 or SB600. These are our two dSLRs, my wife and I use both.

Thanks for any input here...

Last edited:
Sorry, the above "...with an SB300 or SB600" should read SB600 or SB800

I have strobaframe somewhere that I don't use any more. Used it alot 15 years ago. But last 8-9 just mounted flash tilted / turned, and or a diffuser.

• Is a bracket going to make that much of a difference in my flash photography?
  • What bracket(s) do you suggest? Brand? Model? Style?
  • Since a bracket can be cumbersome, is a diffuser, like a Fong, equally as good?

1) It depends on the situation. Sometimes it's vital to have the flash above the lens no matter which way the camera is oriented. A bracket can also add more directional options.

2) I like my Di100FR2 Newton bracket. It's small and light, and works with and without a vert grip.

Welcome Page

3) A diffuser and a bracket do different things. Although Gary Fong claims a Lightsphere to the side of the camera won't throw a side shadow I've got plenty of pics that prove that's not always the case.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back