Flash C&C

AlexGray

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
flashcheck.jpg

Got some comments about my use of flash, so I tried something new. This is shoe mount, but Im not going to type specifics to stop any possible bias.

M 1/250 f7/1 iso 250 @18mm

yip, if you can, point that sucker at the ceiling, not at the subject.

I read a bit about that, and will do next time. Now i will say that its a vivitar 2800. Old i know, but I just bought the camera so im using whats laying around. This was my grandfathers. Thanks guys! And it does have a bounce head.

You might want to stop using that old Vivitar on your brand new D90...modern DSLRs use a lower trigger voltage on the hot shoe and old flash units require a high trigger voltage and you could end up damaging your camera if you keep using that Vivitar 2800 (which isn't safe to use on Canon EOS DSLRs). According to this web page, the trigger voltage for the Vivitar 2800 flash is 140-170 volts...the D90 might use a hot shoe trigger voltage of around 12 volts.

he doesnt need to stop using it.. just get use a hot sync cable instead.. then you'll be ok

I think I'll be ok because the limit for my d90 is 250. And i read the same that its about 150-170. So it should be fine i think.

Most reactions

Back