Flash flip bracket

Attaching the flash to a hat would be even better!

Of course! Why didn't I think of that!?!??!!? Because then, no matter what position the camera is in, the flash will ALWAYS be above the lens!!! Wow! :) I knew you were a genius!!

:gun: :)

Well in most event situation they use this kinds of flash bracket. This is not a studio portrait kind of stuff. The bracket with the TTL chord is much better to be used on events mainly because, most of events photographer set their flash to TTL. Its a much better way shooting with TTL and not worrying if the exposure gonna be bad.

Of course! Why didn't I think of that!?!??!!? Because then, no matter what position the camera is in, the flash will ALWAYS be above the lens!!! Wow! :) I knew you were a genius!!

Oh! Hat mounted softbox?

Oh! Hat mounted softbox?

Just get a white fedora and use it as a shoot thru umbrella. Look like a pimp, and provide a nice soft light to your images.

Well in most event situation they use this kinds of flash bracket. This is not a studio portrait kind of stuff. The bracket with the TTL chord is much better to be used on events mainly because, most of events photographer set their flash to TTL. Its a much better way shooting with TTL and not worrying if the exposure gonna be bad.

well, if you have a flash (like me) that isn't TTL capable, then a TTL CORD makes no difference :)

I start with my flash on the lowest setting when outdoors and adjust my camera settings accordingly. I rarely use my flash outdoors, but that's what I do when I am using it ;)

Flash bracket. Standard operating procedure for the best on-camera flash. Works great with a PC cord connection; in fact works BETTER with a PC cord connection than with triggers or directly mounted in a hot shoe--with the "right" camera. With a D40 or D70 Nikon (and with a handful of Sony models), with the flash connected to the camera by a PC cord, the flash will synchronize with the shutter with FULL-power flash at speeds up to 1/4000 or even 1/8000 second.

Some of the better flash brackets, like the Stroboframe rotary model I have, make on-camera flash quite bearable,and keep the annoying attachment shadows from ruining indoor shots, and also prevent red-eye on long-range flash shots of say 30- to 70 feet.

Yes, triggers and OCF are all the rage...but there is still a place for direct, PC-connected flash synch and the old-fashioned flash bracket. if you want to see how good it can look, stop by the Egotastic or Just Jared or Celebutopia web sites, or pick up a copy of People magazine and check out the red carpet photos that are done every week in Hollywood...95% of red carpet and premier events are simple flash-on-bracket, cord-connected shots.

From dexterlitonjua's profile page.

Last Activity: 02-01-2012 @ 07:58 PM

That member hasn't logged in to TPF in over a year. It's unlikely they will reply.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back