BLD_007

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
OK, I was just granted a grant "IE money" from my warden "Parents"

Here is what I'm thinking
Wish List | B&H Photo Video

I was granted some money and I could get up to $900 if not a little more.

I'm wanting to get into strobe lighting and this is the best fit I could think of. I also have a shoot this coming Saturday. It's indoor dodge ball and light all basketball courts the lighting sucks.

You've spent over $450 on three Pocket Wizard triggers...which makes the setup not very much of a "good deal". You could have gone with substantially less expensive flash triggers, and spent $50 or so on that aspect of the kit.

you could go with either the super cheap gadget infinity triggers for about $50 total. or look at the middle of the road prices, yew high quality, cyber syncs, and skyport triggers. 285's are nice flashes. The impact kit you have listed will work pretty well, but is kind of flimsy for larger flashes and softboxes. I have some of the medium duty stands, one step up from those, and I chose larger umbrellas, for just a bit more cost than that kit, although it doesnt pack a small.

Well for sure, pocket wizards are second to none, and they will work with anything you buy in the future. And the 24-70 is also a rock solid performer. At least buying these items you will not need to upgrade in the future, saving you money in the long run.

Not sure they qualify as a "warden" if you've gotten these. Congrats! Looking forward to photos!

are the vivitar 285s powerful? also the sync cords that come with them, are they the right cord for the pocket wizards? thanks

also, with this set up I will have 3 flashes 2 off and one speed light on shoe. how do I attach a pocket wizard to my camera "cannon 50d" and still fire the off shoe flashes

I don't think you can with that setup. The pocket WIzard mini TT1 will fit on your camera and stull allow you to mount a flash, st-e2, or the new upcoming pocket wizard command unit.

I don't think you can with that setup. The pocket WIzard mini TT1 will fit on your camera and stull allow you to mount a flash, st-e2, or the new upcoming pocket wizard command unit.

Is there not a hotshoe adapter that lets you have 2? or a cord that goes from the pocketwizard to the camera?

Hold on a second folks, we seem to skipping over a point here. BLD_007, are you shooting a live game? Have you considered a fast lens for this?
yep, its post a few up there 24-70 2.8L. I also have a 70-200 2.7L

Most reactions

Back