Flash Photos

mrshaleyberg

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I feel like I'm doing better with it now, than before (thanks to Derrel). Here's a few pictures using flash. On the picture of the little girl, I didn't realize my ISO was up so high. Also, I like brighter pictures, so this may be too bright for some. The maternity picture is the first time using my flash to achieve a completely black background.
Mainly just playing with it to see what I can come up with.

Do these pictures look ok in Black and white?

C&C please! (I know it's been a while since I've been on here)

Maternity

1 year old

I think both are nicely executed monochromes; my only niggle as far as the lighting goes is that the key light in #1 seems at least one stop too hot.

I didn't notice that! And there was no way to control it, because it was from a window. :( I guess I could have had them stand farther away from it though. :(

That's a brilliant idea! I will definitely use that for next time! :) Thanks!

Thanks for the thanks. I appreciate it.

Be sure to spring for the extra $8.50 to $9.97 for the Mainstays rolling garmet rack, with 4-wheel castor base...
Walmart.com: Mainstays Rolling Garment Rack, White: Storage & Organization

Rolling laundry racks are actually what I use to support my "rolling flats" and large, 42x72 inch fabric reflector panels on, using EC-1 clamps. If you need some way to "hang" a piece of diffusion or reflection fabric, or to create a rolling scrim or reflector or flag, these rolling laundry stands are VERY economical...and have a full-width hanging pipe all the way across the top...

You deserve a "thanks" Derrel! You helped me tremendously! It's still a learning experience, but you helped me get "one foot in the door" and I appreciate it! Thanks for the laundry rack idea! For 8.50 you can't really beat it! I'll definitely be making a trip to my most hated store soon. lol. :)

I didn't notice that! And there was no way to control it, because it was from a window. :( :(

So if the key light was the window, how were you using your lights? I rarely comment on new borns, but #2 is nicely done.

Well, I didn't have much room to work with where I'm staying. I'm currently living with my brothers in-laws while I'm waiting on my house to finalize..Anyway!!!! I had a light to the right, and the window to the left, then I had the flash shooting directly at them..Does that make sense?

I still have a pretty ghetto set up right now. But it does OK. Once I get my 24-70mm in the mail, the next thing I'm going to work on is my lights. Gonna get some strobes. But for now, it's pretty make-shift.

yea its a littlw blownout in the first photo.. stoping down the exposure or flash power will help this

Most reactions

Back