flash question

floww

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
what is a good flash i can get for my nikon d50 for around 200 bucks

The SB 600 is probably the best for the money you're talking. I have the SB 400, which is around $100. Works fine for me but, then again, I don't do that much flash photography. The SB 800 is going to run more than the $200.

I don't know the total ins and outs of the sb600 yet, but I do know that it can be used on a tripod wirelessly on down the road with the addition of a SB800 which is the reason that I went with it.

I am buying the SB 800 soon (next few months) though the sigma SF 500 super DG flash shouldnt be over looked. Got it and love it for what is worth. A little better than the SB 600 but not the SB 800. New can be picked up for $150. They have a newer model the 530 but if you buy a sigma get the "super" edition. It sets atop my D80 just fine. PM me if you want details and where I got it. :thumbup:

The SB-800 is a great flash, but onehasto take into consieration 3 tings:

- budget
- requirements
- future needs

The SB-800 can be triggered remotely by the onboard flash of the D50 for great off caera flash, it is VERY powerful for a strobe and gives you the most options, however if you are not an avid flash user, it is expensive.

The SB-600 is cheaper, less powerful and I think can be triggered optically as well for WAY better results with off camera flash, but you cannot use iTTL or CLS. It would have to be configured manually.

Depending on what you want to do, either the SB-800 or SB-600 will do the trick, however the SB-800 is above your budget.

Looks like for you, the SB-600 is the best choice.

Most reactions

Back