Flicker Sharing Question

Donde

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Didn't see what looked like the right section to post this so trying here. I was in Flicker and clicked on the share icon (curving arrow) of a photo then evidently clicked something wrong because now when I try to share an image the BBC Code options zip past and I'm left with a white page that says "Share one photo to:" at the top but with no copy and paste option. How do I get back to the copy and pasteable BBC Code?

Last edited:
Under "Share on photo to:" you should see a row that says "Share", "Embed", "Email", and "BBcode".

You can also set the size of the image you want to share (pre-defined fixed sizes.)

Thanks. The problema is that row of options zips past to the left and I'm left with a blank page with the share your photo to: line of type at the top.

You should have this big box of options
with the Share, Embed, Email and BBCode options <== click on which one you want.

and then the address link

and below a drop down for sizes

Flickr_share.jpg

with the Share, Embed, Email and BBCode options <== click on which one you want.

View attachment 116810

I think he knows what he should see, but it's not loading or staying loaded correctly. Maybe a restart of his browser, a different browser, a reboot of the puter etc.

Clear Browser Cash,Refresh Browser,Reboot computer still don't work.Go to your tool box, get big hammer start smashing away .Sorry thats all I got.:1247:

View attachment 116810

I think he knows what he should see, but it's not loading or staying loaded correctly. Maybe a restart of his browser, a different browser, a reboot of the puter etc.
Reboot

or email support and see if they ever respond.

Are you aware that Yahoo announced that they are closing down Flikr? Could be part of the process. Don't look to Picasa either because Google is shutting it down as well.

I am unable to find any references to this on the web. I did some searches ... which turned up some very old articles, but am not finding anything reasonably current.

Of all the things Yahoo owns, Flickr seems to be one of the more successful things that Yahoo offers.

Flickr is successful for photographers.
But not for Yahoo. It has been money losing.
==> Why Yahoo's Core Business is Negatively Valued | Investopedia

making decision on spending on other things other companies didn't want (tv content in this example)
==> Yahoo $42M write-down caused by unprofitable 'Community'

and then the push to sell their internet business. Of course, the problem is that the internet business has a negative valuation.
==> Yahoo mulls shareholder demand to sell Internet business

==> Yahoo board 'weighing sale of core business and Marissa Mayer's future'

Dec 2014 an article of how yahoo screwed up Flickr ==> This Quote Perfectly Sums Up How Yahoo Killed Flickr

full TPF thread of Yahoo/ Flickr ==> Yahoo may shut down Flickr, other unprofitable business units

Flickr is successful for photographers.
But not for Yahoo. It has been money losing.
==> Why Yahoo's Core Business is Negatively Valued | Investopedia

making decision on spending on other things other companies didn't want (tv content in this example)
==> Yahoo $42M write-down caused by unprofitable 'Community'

and then the push to sell their internet business. Of course, the problem is that the internet business has a negative valuation.
==> Yahoo mulls shareholder demand to sell Internet business

==> Yahoo board 'weighing sale of core business and Marissa Mayer's future'

Dec 2014 an article of how yahoo screwed up Flickr ==> This Quote Perfectly Sums Up How Yahoo Killed Flickr

full TPF thread of Yahoo/ Flickr ==> Yahoo may shut down Flickr, other unprofitable business units

Having gone through all of these... one article mentions that they own Flickr, but never mentions anything specifically about it.

The remaining articles don't contain "Flickr" anywhere in the text.

It's not secret that Yahoo isn't doing well. I've seen recent press that they've announced closings of many offices. I just haven't seen anything even hinting at anything to do with Flickr.

Flickr was revamped about a year ago with a desperately needed make-over (dumping the old Web 1.0 user interface) and introducing mobile apps for phones, tablets, etc. It's actually enjoyable to use it again.

So where is the annoument that they are closing flickr?

using tapatalk.

They aren't closing Flickr (yet)
they're currently scaling it back

The board is looking at selling all or part of Yahoo though, which, coincidentally, contains Flickr.
They've hired a consulting firm to look at their options.

Most reactions

Back