Flickr Contacts

whitley

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi! I'm pretty new to photography, this forum, and flickr. I know that flickr is an awesome way to network and see each other's pictures, but I'm having trouble getting started. I was wondering if anyone had a flickr account and wanted to be my contacts? Or we could even make a "thephotoforum" group on there. Anyways, I just thought it might be cool to see a lot of pictures of the people that I read so much on here. If you think this takes away from TPF, I really don't mean for it to and don't think it will. I just thought it could be a fun way to get to know people.
Whitley

(http://flickr.com/photos/whitleypollet/)

if I was with flickr, I'd vertainly share my contacts :) .... but I am flickr-phobic ;)

Thanks! I don't have many pictures up, but I"m working on it. I'm going to do some senior pictures for my brother-in-law's girlfriend this weekend. And really look forward to taking pictures over thanksgiving break. :D School has kept me really busy since I got my camera. :(

Not to burst your bubble, but many images get 'stolen' from Flickr and used for ads and stuff; that's my reason for not being a Flickr member, but I do enjoy browsing through the images. There's some great stuff there.

I added you! (Cdow)

Welcome and I added you as well.

Not to burst your bubble, but many images get 'stolen' from Flickr and used for ads and stuff; that's my reason for not being a Flickr member, but I do enjoy browsing through the images. There's some great stuff there.

I am careful what I post on flickr or make available to the public. Things that I post on flickr are what I call "exercise pictures". Things that I practice with and are usually not of commercial or a higher quality.

That said, anyone takes anything without my permission, I stand to make some good money, as I would sue their hineys off! :lmao:

As far as adding... I look at flickr as a source of info, not a place to socialize so I have *perhaps* 2 contacts and thats about it. I see no real advantage to having 5,000 contacts that I would rarely communicate with anyways.

Thanks for "bursting my bubble". I can't believe I didn't realize that the world isn't always fair and there are people that would steal....gasp....

but, thanks to everyone else! I am going to look at your pics as soon as I get caught up on my homework! :)

I have added you as well. I too have started with DSLR's off late although I used to experiment with P&S before.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back