Flickr makes my pictures look like dog poo

Ok, I opened up iPhoto and searched help. This is what I found:

iphoto_help.png

Go into Help > Search and enter "srgb" and the first help option was this page. So you can set the color space through the profiles.

It also appears that even when you shoot RAW the camera will assign a color profile to the image based upon your settings and iPhoto will adhere to this profile setting (in camera) unless you tell it to do otherwise.

Make sure your camera is set to sRGB. I learned something too. :)

there's also a reason why apple only has 8% market share of computers - because they suck and have compatibility issues.

yes, the reason they only have 8% is because they suck.. CLEARLY you know something that the rest of the world doesnt... perhaps they only have 8% because people are cheap.. people would rather spend 600-800 bucks, once every 3 or 4 years, as opposed to spending 1200 bucks ONCE, and never have to get a new computer again and they don't know a good product when they see one.. perhaps people enjoy getting viruses, and blue screens of death, and constantly having to force quit.. personally I think people like PC's because they like being tortured.. I've been using mac for 8 years now, and have not ONCE had ANY sort of issue.. but clearly they suck.. and I must have 3 freak machines that have NO issues..

you clearly don't know what your talking about.. so shut up, and get a life.... oh and next time you get your blue screen/virus/freeze remember that i havent seen a freeze/blue screen/virus or ANY ISSUE in 8 years

my alienware laptop + pc costs wayyy more than your average (and most high end) mac's - I have also not seen a blue screen or had my computer freeze in 8 years... *shrug. also havent had any virus's (you know why mac's dont have virus's? because not enough people own them so it would be like writing a virus for something insignificant).. ps... if mac's dont have issues - why is there a mac fix it forum?

there's also a reason why apple only has 8% market share of computers - because they suck and have compatibility issues.

yes, the reason they only have 8% is because they suck.. CLEARLY you know something that the rest of the world doesnt... perhaps they only have 8% because people are cheap.. people would rather spend 600-800 bucks, once every 3 or 4 years, as opposed to spending 1200 bucks ONCE, and never have to get a new computer again and they don't know a good product when they see one.. perhaps people enjoy getting viruses, and blue screens of death, and constantly having to force quit.. personally I think people like PC's because they like being tortured.. I've been using mac for 8 years now, and have not ONCE had ANY sort of issue.. but clearly they suck.. and I must have 3 freak machines that have NO issues..

you clearly don't know what your talking about.. so shut up, and get a life.... oh and next time you get your blue screen/virus/freeze remember that i havent seen a freeze/blue screen/virus or ANY ISSUE in 8 years

my alienware laptop + pc costs wayyy more than your average (and most high end) mac's - I have also not seen a blue screen or had my computer freeze in 8 years... *shrug. also havent had any virus's (you know why mac's dont have virus's? because not enough people own them so it would be like writing a virus for something insignificant).. ps... if mac's dont have issues - why is there a mac fix it forum?

+1. alienware is a beast all its own.
want!

and there's no NEED to upgrade every 3-4 years, it;s just easier to justify doing it when it costs a fraction of what it would to do that with a mac.
eventually i will upgrade my laptop when im ready to move on past a 1.8ghz processor. the $2000 mac book with a 1.8ghz chip wont be replaced because it will cost another 2 grand. but it will still have a 1.8ghz chip in it.

Stuff about iPhoto here.

That's kinda funky. But I don't see any mention of how to convert one profile to another. You would think that iPhoto would be able to manage that. o_O

my alienware laptop + pc costs wayyy more than your average (and most high end) mac's

Good for you? Nice that you have so much money to spend on computer hardware. Though that shouldn't translate into an increase in size of your epeen. :lol:

Now please, get over it. This kind of brand loyalty is as idiotic and banal as the Canon vs. Nikon crap.

Stuff about iPhoto here.

That's kinda funky. But I don't see any mention of how to convert one profile to another. You would think that iPhoto would be able to manage that. o_O

my alienware laptop + pc costs wayyy more than your average (and most high end) mac's

Good for you? Nice that you have so much money to spend on computer hardware. Though that shouldn't translate into an increase in size of your epeen. :lol:

Now please, get over it. This kind of brand loyalty is as idiotic and banal as the Canon vs. Nikon crap.

it doesnt mean anything - he said PC peopel were too cheap to buy mac's i was pointing out that he is incorrect.

it doesnt mean anything - he said PC peopel were too cheap to buy mac's i was pointing out that he is incorrect.
See the moderator note on the previous page.

Drop it, it's off topic.

It sure would be nice if this thread could be cleaned up.

I have the same issue that I am trying to wrap my brain around.

-I took 4 pictures in the RAW format
-worked on all 4 in Lightroom
-the 4th picture I needed to open in PS Elements for more work.

I saved the first 3 as a JPEG from lightroom, and the 4th one was saved as a JPEG from PS Elements.

On the computer the JPEG colors were correct for all 4.

After uploading all 4 to Flickr, the one from Elements was different than the JPEG.

How would uploading change the color?

3 from light room:
3778912303_84aeec5595.jpg

3779718208_cc451ae6b5.jpg

3779717472_7c412d9c29.jpg

The one form Elements:
3778909647_4ffa6d3265.jpg

The color in the 4th pic should be very similar to the first 2. Looking at the JPEGs on my computer I can see that all three are the same color.

FYI - It was for a self portrait assignment, I don't particularly like looking at myself.

It's not Flickr, it's the browser. I just opened the JPEG in a browser and the color changed.

In Element I opened up the pictures to see what's what.

The bad one was listed as - Color Space: uncalibrated
the good ones the Color Space field is blank.

I'm more confused than before.

~Jay

sigh

so this time, i exported with lightroom to make sure it was sRGB, get info says sRGB, and the color still looks terrible!

then i took it, saved for web using photoshop and srgb, and it still looks terrible

heres the new pic... getinfo should show srgb now... why is the color still off... ugh

3796433163_4836df5958.jpg

Put the image on your desktop. Then drag the image to your browser (don't host it on any website). If the color shifts, it's the browser.

Jay, your last photo is in the ProPhotoRGB colour space. That's the issue for that one. Convert it to sRGB.

As for the others, they look desaturated, yes, and that's an annoyance that I've noticed myself when uploading images to Flickr. A problem with the multitude of browsers without colour management, and not really your fault. Maybe Garbz would have an idea on how to lessen this annoyance; I for one, am stumped.

syphlix, the colour looks fine. Dump your browser's cache and reload the page.

I couldn't figure out how to convert it to sRGB in Elements, so I just imported it into Lightroom and then exported it. The problem went away.

As far as the others looking desaturated. They look the same in Lightroom, Photo Gallery and Flickr/firefox. They may be desaturated, but at least they are how I intended them to look ;)

~Jay

Really? The colours aren't very nice in my browser, but with QuickView they're nice and vibrant.

It may be some sort of dichotomy with my browser and my colour managed programs. *sigh* Colour management is such a nightmare.

That glitter is hilarious.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back