floating candles

jeniferbwa

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I really liked this photo I took last night of some floating candles, but is it a boring photo? Strange but thats what i'm wondering.. that and I wonder if it would look better without the blue print at the bottom of the bowl? I really want to print it as a memory of that night and I want it to look nice:blushing:
fon004.jpg

I would have help if you hadn't shot from such a flat angle. I little more to the side so one could see the flame would help.

Well, your question is a very open one and my answer will be as open: to others, who don't have any fond memories of the night, it is boring all right.
The angle isn't very pleasing, nor is the composition with the candles smack in the centre of the pic (unless you make it square, that might help a little). Actually, I find the candle flames are too bright, too, and too difficult to be recognised as that, it looks like a photo of floating petals on water to me.

If it means something to you then don't hesitate to print it!

It is quite simple and fairly abstract if you don't know that it's a candle which makes it slightly more interesting.

Thanks for all the comments, i'm going to square it out and print it for my scrapbook as is and next time I photograph candles I know not to stand above them:blushing:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back