What's new

Floral Fire

pgriz

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Joined
Jul 30, 2010
Messages
6,734
Reaction score
3,221
Location
Canada
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Mishele has inspired me with her beautiful florals, and I have been working to learn the method. As noted in an earlier post, not so easy to do well. This is another step on the long road.

Subject: red poppy. 90mm Tamron macro lens, 1:1 extension, f/2.8, light supplied by off-camera diffused flash.

Comments, critiques welcome. Flaming and verbal straffing will be tolerated.;) :-P

$Poppy_small_6950.webp
 
I'd like to see a square crop, removing only from the black area.
Also a vertical crop, removing some of each side.
 
Will experiment with your suggestion, tonight. In the vertical crop, would you center the in-focus part, or leave it to the side?
 
So, seeing that the venus transit was hidden behind evening clouds and showers, I consoled myself with some editing...


$Poppy_small_v2_6950.webp

(The square crop, as per BJ's suggestion)

and

$Poppy_small_v3_6950.webp

(a more vertical crop with some rotation to create a diagonal)

So... any of these intersting enough? Personally, I really like the last one, and will be seeing about printing this.
 
I like it, but feel like the contrast in the in focus area could be slightly sharper, it somewhat blends with the brighter area.
 
Wow....inspired another!! lol
Sorry, I missed this the first time around!!
The vertical crop works best for me. It's like a flame sizzling up from the bottom. =) The name fits the image perfectly!!
Keep shooting babe!!!
 
ooh.. I missed this! I prefer the original and the Vertical crop.. the vert rocks! Very nice!
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom