floral shots

Battou

TPF junkie!
Reaction score
Website
www.photo-lucidity.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Man these are pestering me with their grain and shallow DOF failures but....

445903_003_2.jpg

See it Bigger Here

445903_002_2_2.jpg

See it Bigger Here

448904_002_2.jpg

See it Bigger Here

445903_001_2_2.jpg

See it Bigger Here

what camera and lens are you using? looks like you had to use a high iso

Agreed, they look grainy. What ISO? You didn't answer that question in your reply to Sontizzle.

Agreed, they look grainy. What ISO? You didn't answer that question in your reply to Sontizzle.

Canon EF body, ASA 400 (I think), Canon FD 50mm 1.4 with varying Macro filters

400 I think, I've been using a lot of 200 lately so it verywell may have been 200

Looks more like the 400-film to me, but then that may also be the scanning and the macro filters that brought about this amount of grain.

The first's a bit on the dark side, I think, and you seem to have arrived late for the lilies-of-the-valley to still be at their most beautiful, but well... their time comes and goes fast. I know!

I love the softness and very limited DOF and focus in the third, mind you.

Looks more like the 400-film to me, but then that may also be the scanning and the macro filters that brought about this amount of grain.

The first's a bit on the dark side, I think, and you seem to have arrived late for the lilies-of-the-valley to still be at their most beautiful, but well... their time comes and goes fast. I know!

I love the softness and very limited DOF and focus in the third, mind you.

That third one was particularly nasty, That is beyond 1:1 macro and it still required some deisent cropping work, I am thinking of dragging out the full macro rig and trying those again.

I know how tiny these flowers are!!!! Hard to get! (And they don't even only just play this - they ARE hard to get!)

On top of that I felt somewhat odd when I was shooting that too, They grow up on the railroad tracks and when I was taking this shot I had a railroad company work crew right behind me working on the rails. I was a little conserned they might decide to be jerks about my pressence as the rails are technically posted property.

For #3 and maybe #1 I like the grainy look. Adds another texture dimension to it.

The first one kinda surprised me a bit, I honestly was not expecting much out of that one, given the Shallow DOF I was working with and the fact it was being held by some one (actually now that I look you can see her finger at the bottom....).

Most reactions

Back