Reaction score
Website
www.pbase.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
hello everyone
I was in Florence last weekend
It 's difficult to put the beauty of Florence in a few shots
here some cityscapes , if you are interested this is the entire gallery with monuments, statues, works of art and other landscapes : Firenze - Florence Photo Gallery by carlogalliani at pbase.com

Pontevecchio by day
dsc0475si.jpg

Pontevecchio by night
dsc1015l.jpg

along the Arno

dsc0597it.jpg

dsc0609xv.jpg

Florence was by far my favorite city when I visited Italy. I think 4 is the strongest, it has the best color palate. I like 3 as a scene, but the colors seem off to me...like they're in pastel. I would have pulled out the evil that is HDR to grab that one. I like pontevecchio at night, but I would probably change the framing on it. The black sky above it is just nothing space.

Got any of the Duomo? I remember climbing to the top and the view of the city was spectacular.

Yes, Florence has more things to shoot in a few blocks than most other cities, like Rome, where everything is spread over a much larger area. Didn't have the opp to shoot it at night. Agree on the night shot of Ponte Vecchio - crop out some sky. It looks like the Arno was choppy during your day shots - I was fortunate to get the smooth as glass reflection of the bridge just up from Ponte Vecchio. Going back in May and already planning my shot list. Nice work.

p.s. PlanetStarbucks - thanks for the tip. I didn't take the time to climb up the Duomo, but will try it next time.

Ten euro and 470 steps...so worth it to be just within arms reach of one of the greatest works of art and architecture in the world.

Damn, I couldn't go up in Duomo due to construction this week.
That particular bridge you posted is much more under water at the moment.

Been having lots of rain here, glad you got some nice photos. I'll post some from Duomo when I get home to edit them. :D

Most reactions

Back