Florida Bird

shelby16

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
(Honestly, I have NO idea what kind of bird this is, but I'm in love with it). C&C is completely welcome and appreciated. I've been trying NOT to center all my subjects, and I took these photos through my window. Let me know what you think!
Nikon D5100 55-300mm lens.

CLICK TO ENLARGE!!

$dsc0463.jpg

$dsc0461.jpg

Shelby

Your starting to make some progress! It is a sweet looking bird, guessing a flycatcher of some sort?

Your starting to make some progress! It is a sweet looking bird, guessing a flycatcher of some sort?
Thank you SO much, that means a lot coming from you. :) You are my favorite bird photographer on here.
Honestly, I wish I knew what kind of bird this is! Very sweet. He kept trying to fly into the house. haha

$flybig.jpg $dsc0463.jpg

Looks very similar to me!! Guess it's a flycatcher. :)

Attachments

• $gcflyc.jpg
    $gcflyc.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 75
Looking good to me, I think catching birds is 10% skill and 90% luck tho. I've been playing with my local flyers, and haven't caught one that is worth posting, or even save'n to the hard drive

Looking good to me, I think catching birds is 10% skill and 90% luck tho. I've been playing with my local flyers, and haven't caught one that is worth posting, or even save'n to the hard drive

Thanks! It was hard to get a picture without him moving, but lucky he arrived.

Very nice! Love the composition of the first one. Excellent exposure, nice and sharp to. My only nit-pic is that his tail is out of focus, but I can live with that since the head is great!

Birds are tough to shoot. I miss a lot more than I get due to them moving or being among branches that mess up my focus or something. When we get a good one like that it's a feeling of accomplishment that only a bird shooter can understand.

Nicely done!

I like the position of the first one. Maybe he was showing you his good side. :)

Hahaha thank you so much Chery! I bet he was. ;D

Thanks for the comment Scott!! I agree, birds can be hard. This was was especially because he was hopping around the whole time. haha

Most reactions

Back