Florida wildlife, lots of pics!

These are the pics I want to see when I look to buy a new camera. They are precisely my style. Amazing close-up and stop-action. Fab-u-lous! I love the heron fishing shot. I just bought the D90 and can only hope I can produce the SHARP output you have captured. Do you recollect your settings for the egret and heron fishing. If I were in FL you would have a student.

Last edited:
Thank you for the kind comments :)

These are the pics I want to see when I look to buy a new camera. They are precisely my style. Amazing close-up and stop-action. Fab-u-lous! I love the heron fishing shot. I just bought the D90 and can only hope I can produce the SHARP output you have captured. Do you recollect your settings for the egret and heron fishing. If I were in FL you would have a student.
Thank you, and sorry for taking so long to answer your question. You can read about the background story to the Heron fishing in this article I wrote on my blog.

P.S. I live in the UK, I was just visiting Florida :)

silver penguin how did you get such level pics of the birds on the ground with the boardwalk. I was just there (Green Cay Wetlands) today and found it rather hard. let me know thanks in advance. -Danny

Fantastic, just fantastic. Anything, about how you go about taking shots like this besides the basic equipment and settings would be so helpfull to newbies like me.

silver penguin how did you get such level pics of the birds on the ground with the boardwalk. I was just there (Green Cay Wetlands) today and found it rather hard. let me know thanks in advance. -Danny
I shot through the lower gaps in the side walk, between that and using a longer focul length you can give the impression of being lower than you actually are :)

Fantastic, just fantastic. Anything, about how you go about taking shots like this besides the basic equipment and settings would be so helpfull to newbies like me.
I've got some articles in the featured photos section on my blog that go some way towards explaining how I captured some of my images. There are also other write ups including one about this series of photo's which may or may not be helpful :)

Very nice pictures! wow!:drool::D
its been a looong time since i visited, been very busy!:angry1: Its great to come back for the first time in a while and see such beautiful shots! ;)I actually just go back from Florida, I went scuba diving and took some pictures underwater... if they come out good i'll put some.:D

Most reactions

Back