Flower and Jesus in one picture! C&C

Compaq

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Jesus has revealed himself to me. He spoke to me, and said everyone should mail me all of their photography equipment. Never question the Messiah ;)

f/1.8
1/800th
ISO-100
A little editing in Elements 9: RAW processing, did not touch the saturating bar.. slight adjustments in curves, dodge/burn and unsharp mask. I wanted to give it a cool look, despite bring in the summer. All the blue just looked weird, even at small increase in colour temperature. So I cooled it down a little, I think it looked better and sets the mood.

IMG_0422_edited-1 by Bokehliciousness-ness, on Flickr

My thoughts are as follows:
- too tight on the right edge
- too shallow DOF, I'd like all upper petals in focus
- blown out centre (whitish part) which doesn't really add anything, and my efforts on improving it are really bad, I think...
- pretty much colour fringing
- Jesus lacks hair and beard
- flat light?

-Compaq :)

Last edited:
Jesus called and left a message for you earlier. He's decided to block you on Facebook.

I don't get it :(

Maybe I insulted you with the jesus thing. No offense meant! I just live in a very non-religious community. I know americans are generally more religious than Norwegians.

Is this image crap? I found the face as a nice susprise. I'm trying to learn as much as possible.

Last edited:
I wouldn't lose any sleep tonight over this as I doubt very much that you insulted Derrel. He's a good guy with a great sense of humour (and a great eye for photography). I am inclined to believe that Derrel (like myself) doesn't see Jesus in your photo and in turn has suggested that perhaps even Jesus himself wouldn't see his own likeness in that picture. As a result of your apparent poor eye for Jesus and the likeness of him, Jesus himself has choosen not to not associate with you by blocking you on Facebook.

It's not quite as funny when it needs to be explained...Is it Derrel?

Anyway, I do like your photo. I love the colors and the sharpness of it. It pops well! I just don't see Jesus in it...

Cheers!
- Daniel

What's all the gray fuzziness in the top, upright petal? Heavy handed editing?

What's all the gray fuzziness in the top, upright petal? Heavy handed editing?

It was my attempt to fix it :p Dogding and burning, basically. Perhaps I should have left it undone. I can post the original jpeg from raw, for comparison.

As for the Jesus thing, I'm used to when seeing faces somewhere you wouldn't expect them, for example in a flower, it's always Jesus that showing himself. No matter what. If you see a face in the clouds..... Jesus. But when I look at it more closely, it resembles Voldemort more than Jesus.

edit: added photo

IMG_0422 raw--jpeg unedited by Bokehliciousness-ness, on Flickr

Just adjusted a little in raw processing, then saved as jpeg.

I'll re-add the first photo, so you don't have to scroll so much.

IMG_0422_edited-1 by Bokehliciousness-ness, on Flickr

Last edited:

Most reactions

Back