A little late intro for me

Compaq

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi all. I haven't seen this place until now, and so my intro will be a little late. Oh well.

I'm a 20 years old student studying chemistry at Norwegian University for Life Sciences. I'm in my first year.

I've always liked photography, but I've never actually taken the step to buy a camera. This January, I bought a Canon EOS 40D with a nifty fifty + a batterygrip used. I've been trying to improve since then, and I've found that composition is that hard part. As expected!

I'm starting to feel limited by the prime lens and the pop-up flash. Also, I really need a tripod! I'm a firm believer of outgrowing my equipment, it helps me understand the benefits of having a wider angle and so on, as opposed to having all the stuff I need from the beginning. It gives me a nice learning curve! Also, a prime is a wonderful starter's lens. I have to move in order to change the perspective, which is very learning-inducing. I see many people addicted to their zoom kit lens, not knowing how to handle a prime.

So, I just made me a flickr account where I'll add photos. Regularly I'll post some of them here for C&C, that really helps me learn. Also, the pro forum is a great place to look for some tips on how to take great pics. In addition I learn a lot from explaining things that I understand to those in need. I help out some fellow photo cyber friend, and learn stuff at the same time.

I've grown to really Digitalrev TV's videos. I'm a dedicated follower to BOKEHliciousness (ness?), and the BOKEHnator is just awesome LOL!

Anyway, I'm currently watching through the seasons of BOKEHmon. BOKEHchu is one of my least favourite BOKEHmons. I wish Ash had more BOKEHmons in his BOKEHballs.

Anyway, thanks for reading! Take care,
Compaq / Anders

Most reactions

Back