flower critique

MHB

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
$lily10bw.jpg
I dont do much post production editing but I thought Id play around with this flower. Any thoughts?

The focus is well placed, the composition is traditional and perfectly decent.

The highlights are blocked up wildly in this copy, which might be an artifact of JPEG and uploading the TPF, or might be in the original. I am not wild about the out of focus blotches in the upper right corner. Having something up there in the black isn't a bad idea, but it's not clear to me that those are the answer, or if they're in a good place.

You seem to have vignetted pretty heavily? I think? It might just be light falloff but it feels like a vignette. Anyways, it doesn't add much, I'd like to see either a more evenly lit thing, or more dramatically partial lighting.

It's a pretty good flower, though, and you handled much of the shot very nicely. These things are pretty much always pretty and nice to look at, and this one is no exception.

The focus is well placed, the composition is traditional and perfectly decent.

The highlights are blocked up wildly in this copy, which might be an artifact of JPEG and uploading the TPF, or might be in the original. I am not wild about the out of focus blotches in the upper right corner. Having something up there in the black isn't a bad idea, but it's not clear to me that those are the answer, or if they're in a good place.

You seem to have vignetted pretty heavily? I think? It might just be light falloff but it feels like a vignette. Anyways, it doesn't add much, I'd like to see either a more evenly lit thing, or more dramatically partial lighting.

It's a pretty good flower, though, and you handled much of the shot very nicely. These things are pretty much always pretty and nice to look at, and this one is no exception.

I was going to comment on this picture, but your comment is so accurate that I have nothing to add!

Most reactions

Back