Well, to mind mind, the fact that you cropped this, and cropped it square like you did, with the flower being the centre, the petals radiating to all sides, shows me that you ARE thinking about what you are doing, and that you do want to give it some meaning. I can appreciate that! And it is a beautiful flower, there is no doubt about that.
Yes, the photo might be sharper, only don't I know if your camera CAN get it any sharper, for I assume you did let the camera autofocus on the centre of the flower? Maybe the photos you get SOOC do require a bit of sharpening in post? Not too much, things can easily be OVERdone, but a little. I feel the lacking sharpness is IN there.
Flowers are very pleasing first subjects for beginners, as they are very patient, they always "smile", they don't pull faces, don't run away, but many put flower photos away as "blah".