Flowers Basking in the Sunshine

#1, 2 and 4 all look underexposed and flat. Diffused fill flash would help immensely! :)

#3 seems a bit soft even on the flower that is mostly in focus. No Exif data.. so don't know how you shot these.

Well besides cgipson1 mentions I may add to work a little more in the composition, you could change your angle to give your photographs a punch

Well besides cgipson1 mentions I may add to work a little more in the composition, you could change your angle to give your photographs a punch

Your comment makes no sense to me as to punch. Please be more specific, and if you could post an example or two. Composition is a subjective thing, and this is how I prefer my florals to look, as they have the "feel" that I was after. What is wrong with any of the compositions? All four pictures were shot at different angles. As for exposure, on my computer they look correctly exposed with realistic color saturation. So it's just about impossible to adjust my post production when I don't see an issues at my end.

Monitor calibration is really useful, as it allows every other user with a calibrated monitor to see exactly what you are seeing.

#2 is the best of the bunch! The edit does look nicer!

#1.. the flower just blends into one big blob of color.. hard to see any real detail (at least at this resolution). The background is pretty busy also.. that is probably part of the composition issue that was mentioned.

Thanks for the positive cc.

Big issue is that I'm on a laptop. I use a calibration scale, and can only adjust my monitor by tilt, as there is only very basic settings I can get to in the control panel. Once I set the monitor to the scale, I made a template so that I can duplicate the screen angle every time. Back in the old days, there were programs you could download to get into your graphics card, and do whatever you needed to do. I haven't been able to find anything like that for the ATI 3100 that came with my laptop.

Unfortunately, I needed my laptop for business too, so when my son's computer gave up the ghost, I gave him my pc. Right now I'm torn between buying a new camera or living with my two Nikons', a D70S and a P500, and getting a new All in one computer come the spring.

Most reactions

Back