Flowers in a mason jar..

TamiAz

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Taken with my Lensbaby soft focus optic and macro converter.

12142281986_d0e8886360_z.jpg

12142033374_2b226bd747_z.jpg

12141624585_079710f185_z.jpg

12142279586_dfb8e711e5_z.jpg

Me, being the slow-witted moron I am, just now caught on to the fact that your screen name was Tami from AZ.

Well, Tami, I think these are a real knockout as a group.
Rearrange them so they go from top of plant to bottom 2,1, 4, 3 and they make a terrific vertical mural.

wspt.jpg

Me, being the slow-witted moron I am, just now caught on to the fact that your screen name was Tami from AZ.

Well, Tami, I think these are a real knockout as a group.
Rearrange them so they go from top of plant to bottom 2,1, 4, 3 and they make a terrific vertical mural.

wspt.jpg

You are brilliant..It never occurred to me to arrange them that way. I might just order these in small canvases and hang them in my house. Thanks for the great idea! :)

Before you do that, look at two things that you might want to think about.

The crucial issue in a series here, I think, is that the series is not discordant.

#2 is the only one that is off to one side.
These are from different vertical viewpoints except #4 which shows essentially the same view as #3 but without the names pressed in the glass and only a hint of the bottom and the table.

Before investing in canvas, I might re-shoot #2 to get more of the jar but include some of the background and reshoot #4 from a lower viewpoint to get the roots and a bit more of the table.

Quite a nice set.
Now I'm going to see if a Holga lens comes in m 4/3

Lew

Last edited:
Well-done, Tami from AZ!!!! Zeroing in on SMALL parts of a larger subject is a well-accepted way to make nifty photos...it eliminates sooo much, and what remains is therefore stringer in its impact. You did pretty well with this subject, and I think also the Lensbaby helps--it is more of a suggestive lens than a lens with great veracity...it suggests more than it does reveal the most-minute details and imperfections.

Pretty :)

Love these Tami. I could see these hanging in the order Lew suggested on image blocks. I would use twine to connect them.

Love these Tami. I could see these hanging in the order Lew suggested on image blocks. I would use twine to connect them.

If the photos are printed fairly big, you might even see what Mason jar rings would look like as connectors. I think the prints would need to be at least 12 inches wide for the jar rings to look in-proportion. (THis idea is based on using pint Mason jar rings, not wide-mouth ones.) Just a thought...I think it would look very folksy, and certainly unique. I mean, twine would be good too--certainly much better than say, those old style screw-eye connectors...that would just be too regular.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back